Saturday, June 29, 2019

HOPE


HOPE

Hope sings to me a cheerful song –
The way may seem both dark and long,
But days are passing one by one,
And all is glory farther on.


And HOPE has wings as well as song,
And when she spreads her pinions strong,
My thoughts soar up and swell upon
The heavenly glory farther on.

And HOPE has eyes that pierce the gloom;
She looks beyond death and the tomb,
And thrills as though already shone
The deathless glory farther on.


Hope, blessed hope, abide with me,
Still sing thy cheerful melody,
Till, clouds and tears for ever gone,
I reach the glory farther on.
J. T. Mawson



Why art thou cast down, O my soul?
and why art thou disquieted in me?
hope thou in God:
for I shall yet praise him
for the help of his countenance.
Psalm 42:5


I have been busy making cards.  Here are a few samples:






Have a great day in the Lord!

4 comments:

  1. Hello sweet lady!
    What a joy to come for a visit with you.
    Hope, isn't that such a tremendous and powerful word?
    Our "hope" is found in Jesus Christ, and what a reassurance that is, especially when our souls are weary.

    Your cards are always so lovely.
    Your hands create such beauty. :-)

    God bless you~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much. I enjoy your beautiful posts even though I fail to respond many times. Hugs and God bless you.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing those hope filled words - they are beautiful, as are your card Marilyn
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet comments. You are so kind. God bless you. Hugs

      Delete