Monday, July 22, 2019

FAITH IN SPITE OF CIRCUMSTANCES

FAITH IN SPITE OF CIRCUMSTANCES


There are degrees to faith.

The first kind of faith believes 
when we have some feeling or sign that 
what we are believing for will happen .

The second believes even though there 
are no supportive feelings.

But, the third kind of faith 
believes God and His Word 
when circumstances, emotions, 
appearances, people and 
human reason all indicate to the contrary.

That is true faith.

Paul had this kind of faith:

And when neither sun nor stars in many days appeared, 
and no small tempest lay on us, 
all hope that we should be saved was then taken away...  

He said...

Wherefore, sirs, be of good cheer: for I believe God
that it shall be even as it was told me. 
Acts 27:20 & 25


May we have the faith to fully trust God's Word 
even though everything else says the opposite.

When is the time to trust?
It is when all is calm,
When waves the victor's palm,
And life is one glad psalm
Of joy and praise?
Nay! but the time to trust
Is when storm clouds fill the sky,
And prayer is one long cry, 
O help and save!

When is the time to trust?
Is it when friends are true?
Is it when comforts woo, 
And in all we say and do
We meet but praise?
Nay! but the time to trust
Is when we stand alone,
And summer birds have flown,
And every prop is gone,
All else but God.

What is the time to trust?
Is it some future day,
When you have tried your way,
And learned to trust and pray
By bitter woe?
Nay! but the time to trust 
Is in this moment's need! 
Poor broken, bruised reed!
Poor, troubled soul, make speed 
To trust thy God.

What is the time to trust?
Is it when hopes beat high,
When sunshine gilds the sky,
And joy and ecstasy
Fill all the heart?
Nay! but the time to trust 
Is when our joy is fled, 
When sorrow bows the head,
And all is cold and dead,
All else but God.


We can trust our loving Lord to keep His word..

Thanks for visiting. 
 I am praying that this will encourage you in your spiritual walk with the Lord.












11 comments:

  1. This post brought me to tears... The Lord truly laid it on your heart to post this today, and it could not have come at more perfect timing for me to see it. Thank you so much for sharing, you can't know how much it blessed me. I will be saving this in a place where I can read it again in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew when I read it that I had to share it. It was a blessing to me too. I am so happy that it came at the right time and the Lord used it to bless you. Hugs.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful and meaningful. Thank you dear Marilyn xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Hope it was a blessing to you, dear Anne. Hugs.

      Delete
  3. Marilyn this is so timely for me - bless you for listening to the Lord and sharing it
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so thankful that I felt led to post it. It was a blessing to me and I am thankful that it has helped you and others. Hugs.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful sis, how richly blessed we are in the Lord! His word indeed is our anchor and like Abraham may we also “against hope believe in hope”.
    Thanks for being a blessing, God bless you too.
    Hugs, Shaz in Oz.x

    {Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your sweet words. Your blogs are such a blessing to me and an encouragement for me to keep trying. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "When is it time to trust" that is beautifully written!
    I so appreciated those words and they certainly make you stop and ponder on when we should trust God.
    Your posting here is just beautiful and in perfect timing with some circumstances going on in my own life.
    God has such a wonderful way of using others to bless and encourage our hearts, and you my sweet friend have done just that.
    Thank you for allowing the Lord to use you in the lives of others.

    God bless you~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for being a faithful follower. I am so glad that some of the things I post are a blessing. That is the only reason for my blog and I am so thankful that something has blessed you . You have been such a blessing to me too. Hugs

    ReplyDelete