Wednesday, November 22, 2017

A Good Thanksgiving





A GOOD THANKSGIVING

Said old gentleman Ray on a Thanksgiving Day:
“If you want a good time, then give something away.”
So he sent a fat turkey to shoemaker Price,
And the shoe maker said: “What a big bird! How nice!
With such a good dinner before me I ought
To give Widow Lee the small chicken I bought.”
“This fine chicken, oh, see!” said the sweet Widow Lee,
“And the kindness that sent it – how precious to me!
“I’ll give washwoman Biddy my big pumpkin pie.”
“And, oh, sure,” Biddy said, “ ’tis the queen o” all pies!
Just to look at its yellow face gladdens my eyes!
Now it’s my turn, I think, and a sweet ginger cake
For the motherless Finnigan children I’ll bake.”
Cried the Finnigan children, Rose, Denny and Hugh:
“It smells sweet of spice, and we’ll carry a slice
To little lame Jake, who has nothing that’s nice.”
“Oh, I thank you and thank you!” said little lame Jake;
“What a bootiful, bootiful, bootiful cake!
And oh, such a big slice!  I’ll save all the crumbs,
And give them to each little sparrow that comes.”
And the sparrows, they twittered, as if they would say,
Like old gentleman Ray: “On a Thanksgiving Day,
If you want a good time, then give something away.”

Author Unknown


Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift.
2 Corinthians 9:15 




To all my faithful followers,
I am sorry that I have been absent for a while.
Sometimes life gets in the way of what we want to do,
but I am richly blessed and thankful
for all my wonderful Lord is doing for me.


Here’s wishing you and your family many












2 comments:

  1. Dear sweet sister Mehrll, hadn't heard the Thanksgiving story.. a real Ray of sunshine indeed, as God aays it is better to give than to receive. ... It's really good to see you blogging, but so understand how life gets in the way!
    Hugs and prayers Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear Marilyn, what a beautiful, heartfelt post. I hope you had a most blessed Thanksgiving.

    I am incredibly thankful for you. Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete