Friday, April 13, 2018




HOW JESUS SAW ME


The years had left scars.  The scars had left pain.
How could He love me, I wasn’t the same.
I knew I should pay, and I knew the price
For justice and law demanded my life.
But His tender heart, heard my desperate cry
And saw my past through His merciful eyes.
Though I was broken and so very lost
Jesus looked past my sin and my faults.
The justice of God saw what I had done
But mercy was granted through His precious Son.

Not what I was, but what I could be
That is how Jesus saw me.

Wherever you’ve gone, you can’t go too far
That His eyes of mercy can’t see where you are.
He loves you too much, to leave you alone.
His arms of mercy can reach where you’ve gone.
And His heart cries out, to your heart today
See yourself through His eyes, then you will say.
“Sin has ruined my future and stolen my soul
But through Jesus’ blood, I am made whole.
Though I was broken and lost and undone
Mercy was given through the death of His Son.”

Not what I was, but what I could be
That’s how Jesus saw me.

The justice of God sees what you have been,
And justice is waiting for you for your sin.
Your life can be changed and that sentence be gone
For by Jesus’ shed blood the victory’s been won.
Come to Him for mercy, His arms open wide
Are longing to hold you, that’s why He died.
He sees you and loves you and cares about you
He offers His mercy today to you too.
Not what I was, but what I could be
That’s how Jesus saw me.


6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful poem dear sis.. how richly blessed we are in Jesus.. He saw not what we were but what we could become! He only can take broken ruined hearts and lives and make them whole again... Glory to His Name!!
    Thanks for always being a blessing!
    Prayer hugs
    Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your sweet comment. Jesus proved His love on Calvary and His powerful blood can make all things new. You are such an inspiration to me. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful poem - this is all so true - God saw me and loved and protected me long before I was truly aware of His great love and sacrifice to redeem and purify me. All glory to Him
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your response. Hope you are doing well. Love your cards. Hugs.

      Delete
  4. Hello, sweet Marilyn! My, what a precious poem! The words are oh-so-true and went straight to my heart. Thank you for sharing.

    I hope you are well, dear one. Sending lots of love and hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I have been absent for a while, but hope to post regularly again. Love your beautiful blog. You post such beautiful photos. God bless you. Hugs.

      Delete