Monday, March 4, 2019


FAITH


Faith is our spiritual shield protecting us from the darts of the devil. 
Lay this shield aside even for a moment and disaster follows. 
Any departure from the living God is the result of unbelief.

  
Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand
against the wiles of the devil.
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able
to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

Ephesians 6:11, 16

 
 

Why does the battle thicken so –
The darts rain fast upon my breast,
While missiles hurled with cruel force
Ring loud against my burnished crest?
Above the din I seem to hear
My Captain’s voice in accents clear,
“Because your shield is down!”

Why does the enemy advance
And hem us ‘round on every hand
While we, the army of the Lord,
Can scarce his arrogance withstand?
Above the shouts I seem to hear
My Captain’s voice in accents clear,
“Because your shields are down!” 

Ah! Now it’s brighter – now I see
The enemy is taking flight,
And lo, the banner of the Cross
Streams red against the morning light;
But as they flee I seem to hear
My Captain call in accents clear,
“Let not your shields go down!”
Thomas Kimber

 

Here are two cards I made:





I would appreciate your comments.

Have a great day!



The above poem was taken from the Springs in the Valley devotional book.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for those stirring words Marilyn, and also your cards are beautiful!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting. I read your blog, but am bad about forgetting to comment. I appreciate you and love your cards! Hugs

      Delete
  2. Dear Sis, wow love your cards, you’ve used those verse beautifully, should link up to word art Wednesday you know..
    And yes that was great post love the verse, and that poem is picture of so often what we are like.. not good, but surely God will work it out... and alert us to raise the shield of faith ..
    Sending prayer hugs your way so great to chat this morning our time or evening your time.
    Prayer hugs,
    Shaz.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always great to talk to you. I don't know how you find time to do 3 blogs, but I enjoy them. Your "Wonderful Words of Life" is an encouragement to me. Thank you for being such a caring person. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello dear Marilyn!
    Such a lovely couple of cards you have created.
    Great verses to ponder on and those words from Thomas Kimber are excellent.

    God bless you ♡

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the poem, such an important reminder. Thank you! I agree with Shaz, you should link your cards to WAW, they are so elegant and show the Word off beautifully! Great verses to ponder.

    ReplyDelete