Friday, July 12, 2019

SITTING AT THE FEET OF JESUS

SITTING AT THE FEET OF JESUS


I wanted to share the words to this
song with you to bless you.

They have been going through my mind so often recently.
Such beautiful words and the thought of sitting at Jesus' feet  
and looking on His face is so precious.


 Sitting at the feet of Jesus,
Oh, what words I hear Him say!
Happy place! so near, so precious!
May it find me there each day;
Sitting at the feet of Jesus,
I would look upon the past;
For His love has been so gracious,
It has won my heart at last. 


 Sitting at the feet of Jesus,
Where can mortal be more blest?
There I lay my sins and sorrows,
And, when weary, find sweet rest;
Sitting at the feet of Jesus,
There I love to weep and pray;
While I from His fullness gather
Grace and comfort every day. 


 Bless me, O my Savior, bless me,
As I sit low at Thy feet; 
Oh, look down in love upon me,
Let me see Thy face so sweet;
Give me, Lord, the mind of Jesus,
Keep me holy as He is;
May I prove I’ve been with Jesus,
Who is all my righteousness.
J. Lincoln Hall


Then they went out to see what was done; and came to Jesus,
and found the man, out of whom the devils were departed,
sitting at the feet of Jesus,  clothed, and in his right mind.
Luke  8:35  

The man who had been delivered from Satan's power
immediately wanted to sit at Jesus' feet. 

How blessed we are to have this privilege to come 
to Him and bring our burdens and cares
and know He cares and will give us the grace
we need to meet the needs of every day.

I hope that the words of this song will be an 
encouragement to you every day.





7 comments:

  1. What beautiful words Marilyn - I had not heard of this song in all my years in church!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is an old song, but recently a group has brought it back without modernizing it. Thank you so much for your faithfulness in following my blog. God bless you as I know you have gone through some issues and may my Lord be close to you every day.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful beautiful hymn dear sis, just listened to it in you tube, like Maxine I’ve never heard of it, we are going to have fun dining all these goodies in heaven eh?. Love you. Thanks for sharing.
    hugs Shaz in Oz.x

    {Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops typo try “singing all these goodies”.. ie hymns..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shaz. I appreciate you and all your encouragement. Thanks for your being there for me when I needed your prayers. Hugs.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful words! Thank you Marilyn, I shall listen to the song when I get the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful hymn, thank you for sharing. I hadn't heard it in a long time, so it was good to be reminded of it. I wish I could always be more like Mary was, sitting at His feet and receiving His wonderful Words.

    ReplyDelete