Tuesday, October 1, 2019


AMAZING 


I looked up the definition of the word amazing and
 here are a few of the descriptive terms associated with this word:

causing great surprise or wonder;
astonishing; startlingly impressive;
so remarkable as to elicit disbelief;
remarkably or impressively great in extent, size, or degree;
astounding; fabulous; fantastic; incredible;
marvelous; miraculous; phenomenal;
 stupendous; wonderful; wondrous

So many meanings to this word and they all describe, in part, our God.
There are not enough words in the dictionaries, thesaurus, or all the
books in all the libraries in the world to truly describe our God.

When John Newton wrote “Amazing Grace” he described a
portion of God’s personality that He extends to us, His grace.

Amazing grace! How sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me!
I once was lost, but now am found;
Was blind, but now I see.

This song written in 1772 is still probably the best loved of all hymns.


But there is a song that is sung by the Triumphant Quartet that too
expresses how “amazing” our God is and is a favorite of mine.


Amazing God
By The Triumphant Quartet

You want to hear the story of how I made it through,
When life was full of trouble, pain and fear
The answer may sound simple, though everything else crumbles
One thing has remained through all these years

Chorus
I still serve an amazing God,
He's been with me every mile, my weary feet have trod
He still cares, He still hears,
He's still mending broken hearts and drying tears
This old world is bound to change,
but I'm glad I know the One who always stays the same
And my song will ever be amazing God,
You're still amazing me.

The God who parted waters still makes a way today
He's always brought me through the troubled sea.
The One who fed the thousands, Whose word can calm the tempest
He's my Bread of Life and He's my peace.


I am so very glad that God never changes.  
He is ever waiting to hear our cry.
And He still amazes me!


I would like to share a few of the cards I have recently made:

  




Thanks to all of my friends who read 
and share my blog.

God bless you!





Please leave a comment if you enjoy this blog.  Thank you.

7 comments:

  1. Isn't that a beautiful song with words that certainly touch or human heart.
    I too am thankful God never changes and loves me unconditionally. That is amazing!

    I love your place here, Marilyn and I love YOU!
    Thank you for sharing with us timely truths of our Great and Wonderful God.

    Have a most beautiful day~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comments Debbie and for being so faithful to follow my blog. Your blog is filled with beautiful words and photos that far surpass anything I post. You are certainly a blessing to me. Wish I could visit your beautiful mountains at this time of year. Hugs.

      Delete
  2. Oh yes, God is truly amazing and deserving of our worship!! Wonderful words of faith in those songs Marilyn - thank you for sharing. Your cards are lovely, especially the one with the butterfly die cut
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Maxine. You are so creative that your comments mean so much. God bless you. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a blessing to think on our amazing Lord; how much I need to take my eyes off myself and circumstances, and have my eyes on Him. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi sis, the comment before this is Spam advertising Gamebox needs deleting. He hit two of my posts too this week.
    I'm sorry I didn't comment on this before. I like to encourage by commenting. Prayung for you sis, know you're so busy. Love this post and amazing truly is a good word for God.
    Love those cards too, really really beautiful.
    Thanks for sharing, and may God bless you.
    Hugs, Shaz in Oz.x

    {Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete